Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Don and Renee Colorado Visit

This Halloween Blake's mom and dad came to visit us.  They arrived the night before Halloween.  The girls were so excited to spend time with them.
Papa Don and Grandma went to Jayce's Halloween parade and class party with us.  It was a lot of fun to have them there.
 Claire wanted to be in the parade with her big sister.




Later that night we went to the city's Halloween party.  The girls had a great time.  Then we went home and ate chili.  It was the first chili that I've ever made, and it turned out really good, but it was sad to not have my mom and Granny's chili this year.  After dinner, Blake and Papa Don took Jayce out trick-or-treating.  Claire was too scared to go because of all of the masks.
 Blake as Jigsaw
 Renee, Blake, Jayce, and Don- pretty scary!
 Claire loved cuddling with her grandparents.
The next day we went to the reservoir, the riverwalk, and later to Colorado Springs where we walked around Garden of the Gods and ate dinner.  It was a really fun day.



It was kind of late when we went to the Garden of the Gods, but it was still really beautiful.  We walked around a lot of it and saw some wildlife.



We are so lucky to have the best families!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Jayce's costume cracked me up! I love the picture of Claire staring up at her. You guys are amazing at pumpkin carving!
That's awesome your mom's house sold. Sorry I didn't call you back, we actually decided not to rent anymore-we are hoping we can just sell our condo!

Coley said...

I am glad you guys had so much with papa don and Renee. I love all the pics. I miss you guys.