Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Break

This year I made my first Thanksgiving dinner.  I'd never cooked a turkey before.  I was afraid mine would turn out like the one on Christmas Vacation.  Everything actually turned out great.  Blake is pretty picky and doesn't like stuffing, cranberries, or yams, so I didn't bother making any of those.  We had turkey, potatoes and gravy, corn, green bean casserole, rolls, peach cobbler with ice cream (Blake's favorite dessert), and Jayce made a chocolate cream pie.  I was going to make homemade rolls, but we were stuck at the doctor's office for two hours, so we had to have rolls from the store. 

I let Jayce make a pie all by herself.  She is a chocaholic, so she chose to make a chocolate pudding pie with an Oreo crust and she decorated the top with Oreos.  She was so proud of herself.
This was Blake after eating.  I'm lucky to have Blake because he always help clean-up and he likes to make mashed potatoes for me.

We decorated our Christmas tree a couple days before Thanksgiving because we were going out of town later that week.  I've been fighting with Blake and Jayce to change the lights to white, but I always lose the battle.
Footis loves to take naps under the tree, but only when the lights are on.

The girls and I visited Utah for the last part of Thanksgiving break.  Blake couldn't get the time off work, so he stayed home.  We made it just in time for my mom and Kevin's Thanksgiving dinner, which is always amazing.  We had pies at Granny's later, and then Jayce had a sleepover with her cousins on the Yak side.  My dad was visiting as well, so we had a great time with all of our family.  It's kind of hard to divide the time so we can spend time with everyone, but we tried our best.  I feel bad I didn't take many pictures, though.

Jayce's cousins all worship her and think she's the coolest kid.  In this picture they all wanted to sit next to her, so they made a circle around her.
Jayce adores her uncles Jacob and Isaac.  Claire was kind of scared of them at first, but she liked them after a couple days.
 Granny had her Christmas party that weekend so Ryan's family and mine could attend.  It was a lot of fun, but sad not to have Poppy there complaining about how much money Granny wasted.  He always loved the parties anyways. :)



No comments: