Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sprained Ankle

Jayce had her first gymnastics injury a couple weeks ago.  She jumped of a big cheese mat and rolled her ankle.  She was a tough girl and finished gymnastics.  She told me she hurt it, but didn't complain much at all.  I really didn't think much of it, because she didn't really say anything.  The third grade was having a field trip the next day to see The Nutcracker ballet, and she was really excited about it, so she didn't want me to not let her go.  After school on the field trip day, she showed me her ankle and told me it was actually very painful.  I couldn't believe how swollen it was.  We took her to the doctor and he said it was a really bad sprain.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sprained my ankle at gymnastics too when I was Jayce's age. I dismounted the beam, landed awfully wrong, and sprained my ankle. So I know how she feels. Love ya'll.