Saturday, June 4, 2011

Snake




Jayce got her cast of just in the nick of time for summer!  The first thing she wanted to do was go swimming.  Her already tiny wrist is slightly skinnier, and kind of white comparing to the rest of her.
All ready for summer...
Jayce made these cute flip-flops at a birthday party.  They tied water balloons on the straps.
We had a little scare yesterday.  Jayce was downstairs feeding Footis and cleaning out his litter box, and she came running upstairs saying that there was a snake down there.  Blake went downstairs and picked up the snake and brought it upstairs.  I was freaking out and screaming.  Jayce was calm, but she was really scared.  Claire saw it too, and she wouldn't let me put her down.  It was just a baby snake, but I'm really freaked out because I don't know how it got in our house.  I'm calling pest control on Monday.  Some ladies in my ward had just told me that they've found rattlesnakes and bull snakes in their yard, as well as tarantulas, scorpions, gophers, rabbits, and prairie dogs.  Most of them have pest control come out every few weeks.  There are also a lot of brown recluse spiders out here.  I thought we were at least safe inside our house!


This first picture is a baby rattle snake and the ones below are bull snakes.  Which does it look like?  Rattle snakes have a triangular head and a little "button" for their rattle that is hard to see.
Jayce sometimes sleeps on our floor, but I told her she can't anymore.  She kept coming in our room last night because she was worried that Footis was acting weird.  She said he was really alert.  I told her he was just protecting her.  He's kind of a wuss, though.  I found a mouse on the driveway, and I picked Footis up and sat him right by it, and he just walked away.  He is such a sweet cat, though.  I wish he wasn't so old, because Jayce will be devastated when he dies.

1 comment:

Coley said...

That is so scary! I had nightmares about the snake last night! Can you tell what kind it is? I love jayce's reverse tan line!