Jayce started the new school year at a new school for her. I feel bad that she's gone to three different schools in the past three years. She said she loves her new school. We have a lot more funding here in Wyoming than we did in our Colorado school district. They only had school for four days a week in our Colorado district and the high school didn't have a track, auditorium, and a lot of other things. In her current school district each kid has a laptop at school, really awesome playgrounds, exercise equipment, and really great programs. I'm so glad we were able to move out of her old district.
On the other hand, it's been much harder for her to make friends. She was playing with the two other new girls for the first week, then they started to ignore her and when she would sit by them, they'd get up and move. She started playing with another girl and her friend from gymnastics, then they ditched her. She usually doesn't tell me when she's having problems, but she told me about this. They keep kids with the same classmates from Kindergarten until 5th grade here, so everybody already has their group of friends. She has started playing sports at recess with another group of kids, so I hope they aren't mean and snobby too. She is so shy and timid, and it just breaks my heart. She has seemed a lot happier this week, and I hope she stays that way. She got to the point where she was crying every night at bedtime. When I asked her why she would say it was about Footis or that she misses our family in Utah. She was so happy when I picked her up after track day because she won first place in the 50 meter race of all the fourth grade girls.

No comments:
Post a Comment