Since for the first time in 13 years I don't work, I kind of feel lazy staying at home all day with Claire while Blake and Jayce are at work and school. It's pretty easy to keep the house clean and cook, so I've tried to do some projects so I feel a sense of accomplishment.
Our house only has one living room, and we have 2 sets of couches, so we are using our black leather set. Unfortunately, my curio didn't match all our black furniture. I love it and all my figurines in it, so I had to either paint it black, or get a new one.
I sanded it (by hand), which took a couple days, then painted it with a primer/ paint in one. I like the way it turned out, but I think I want to change the knobs.
This table got totally dinged up during our move.
I still have a lot of black paint, so I hand-sanded it and painted it.
The rest of the set is scratched up or broken from the move, so I'm going to try to salvage them and paint them black as well, and try to sell them.
I don't know if I can save this one.
I got the girls blue and green comforters, so, for the third time, I've repainted their bookshelves a different shade of blue.
By the time I was done spray painting them, I was turning blue myself.
New comforters
I'm running out of projects to keep me busy. I've perfected my chocolate chip cookie recipe (in my not so humble opinion), and I've tried to cook Blake something different for dinner every night. I think I'll actually start going to church activities maybe...
I'm having fun hanging out with this little cutie.
Jayce is doing great in school. Her teacher is her favorite she's ever had. She was student of the day 2 weeks ago, and last week she got the soar star award (like student of the month).















2 comments:
I love all your projects! You are so good at stuff like that!
Isn't it addicting redoing furniture? Next time, invest in a $30 sander! It's soo worth it! I'm glad you're enjoying staying home! You need to post your cookie recipe!
Post a Comment