Thursday, April 21, 2011

Broken Thumb

Jayce broke her thumb at school this week.  She was playing soccer at PE and tripped and landed on her thumb.  She said it turned sideways.  Her teacher asked her if she was OK, and she said yes and finished the game.  When I picked her up from school, she started bawling when she got in the car.
This is how it looked the first day.  The next day it was more swollen and bruised and had a hard little ball, so we took her to the doctor.  We saw the regular doctor and he x-rayed her hand and said a bone is chipped.  She also tore a ligament.  He referred us to an orthopedic specialist and put a cast on it. 
I'm just amazed that this is her first broken bone.  She is the most active little girl I know!  She feels really cool that she has a cast.  She was trying not to smile when the doctor said she had to have one.
Here is the second most active little girl.  She is so hard to keep up with!  She loves wearing my shoes, and I'm constantly putting my shoes back in order.
She is going through a pinching phase right now.  She will pinch me really hard, then say ohhhhhh and pet me and kiss me.  I've been putting her in time-out for 1 minute, but I don't think she gets it.  She is pinching my chin in this picture with her pinching face.

4 comments:

Coley said...

I love clairebear's pinching face! I am glad jayce is ok now.I can picture the smile she had when she got the cast news! I miss you guys.

Jolynne said...

jayce is so cute! She is one tough little girl! Claire is so cute as well I love it when tay wants to play dress up with my shoes!

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

claire bear's pinching face reminds me of blakes pinching face. hahahahahahah! poor jaycie! but i have to admit, when I was little I always wanted a cast!!!! love you guys!

Anonymous said...

That Jayce is the toughest girl I know! I am sad I can't sign the cast. Claire Bear is such a cutie. I love the picture of her in your shoes.