Monday, January 7, 2013

October 2012


 Claire had her third birthday this October.  Her aunt Coley, Christine, Doran, and Brock came out the weekend before to visit us and to celebrate her birthday.  We visited Ayre's Natural Bridge and had a blast with them.
 In the picture above, we had climbed to the top of the bridge. 
 Jayce slept right by Doran, and this is how they were in the morning.  It was so cute!
The next weekend, my mom and Brooks visited and we had a party for Claire Bear.


 She loved the fairy costume and wig from her grandma.
Watching football with Daddy
Doesn't Claire look just like her daddy?

One day Jayce was really bored, which she is a lot here in Wyoming, so I decided to teach her how to use my sewing machine.  I'm not very good at sewing, so I just gave her an old pillow case to practice sewing in straight lines.  I was letting her play around, and she made Claire a little purse with no pattern at all.  She's already better than me at sewing, and she helps me make sure everything in my machine is correct when I have problems.
We also started crocheting again.  I taught her last year, but she never made anything other than long chains.  This year she really got the hang of it.  She worked for two months on Christmas gifts for her grandmas and girl cousins.  She made three hot pads, three dish towels, and five scarves.  It really helped to keep her occupied since she doesn't have friends in our apartment complex that she plays with.

I made an afghan for Claire and Jayce.  I had no idea how long they would take me.  Claire's took me about 20 hours and Jayce's, which was a much harder pattern, took me 40 hours.  The girls both love them.  I'm going to make one for Peanut next when I feel like crocheting again.  I'm kind of burned out.


No comments: