Monday, October 3, 2011

The Ledge

Every time I look at our living room ledge, it causes me great stress.  I hate decorating, and I have no idea what to do with it.  Half of it is in the dining room, which I have decorated yellow, cream, and warm colors, and the other half is in the living room which is black, gray, and cream.  I just can't stand having nothing there, but I don't know what to put there.

We have another ledge on the opposite wall that is half the size.  I've attempted to decorate it.  I used some of our old stuff and painted everything to try to match the living room.  I bought a lot of it at thrift stores and yard sales and refinished/ painted them.  It still doesn't look quite right.  I need to find some greenery or flowers or something to tie it all together.
Candle holders for $0.75 each.
Before
After
Bird cage from the thrift store $3.  I want to find something to put in it.  I used to have the coolest bird cage in my first apartment, and I really wish I kept it.  This one is kind of wussy, but oh well.
My favorite- wicker vase from good will that I painted black with a little dust of silver.

2 comments:

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

your home is beautiful! you are doing a great job decorating. Visit Hobby Lobby and print a 40% off coupon and you can add a little more one at a time.

Coley said...

That looks awesome! You are so good at crafts! I love jayce's comic book!