I've been a little too indulgent with Jayce's rock collection, mainly because I love them myself. We found a really cool rock shop about 45 minutes from our house that sells rocks by the pound for really cheap.
Here are some of Jayce's rocks:
This one is my new favorite. It is calcite from Mexico.
This is Brazilian quartz. It looks really cool in real life- like glass or ice. It is Jayce's 2nd favorite rock. Her favorite is the galena from Peru that I put in an older post.
This one is fluorite. It is the most colorful mineral in the world, and it is fluorescent- it glows under black lights. We found a really colorful one. I've been quizzing Jayce on all of her rocks because she wants to be a geologist like her great-grandpa Sirrine when she grows up (or an astronaut).
Selenite from Utah
Coley bought Jayce some magnetized hematite. Both girls love them.
Sami and Katie drove to South Carolina and they stopped at our house on the way. It was nice to see them for a few hours!







No comments:
Post a Comment