Friday, August 5, 2011

More Wildlife and Lucky Horseshoes

Last night we found our cat playing with a scorpion in our house.  I don't know if he brought it in, and I don't really want to think about it.  Jayce heard Footis hissing and went over to check it out and screamed, "SCORPION!"  I don't know if it stung Footis, but he was acting really nervous for a while after.  Jayce picked him up and held him on her lap and he started hissing at her hair and nipped her in the back.  The whole thing has really freaked us all out.  Then today we found another scorpion in the garage.  After the snake incident I think Blake will finally let me get pest control.
I killed the scorpion with the broom after I ran around screaming for a while.  It was pretty tiny, and the kind we have here aren't deadly.  They just hurt bad when they sting you.
I hung my horseshoe that Poppy gave me over my bedroom door for good luck.  Actually, I don't believe in stuff like that, it's mostly just to remind me of Poppy.
It turns out if the ends are pointing down you get bad luck...
This girl can fall asleep anywhere in some weird positions.
Baby mullet girl

3 comments:

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

oh we sure miss you guys! I love reading about your crazy wildlife adventures in Colorado. I think it's so sweet to have the lucky horse shoe up from poppy. Give the girls 10 hugs and kisses from me and pinch blake on the back of the arm.

Coley said...

I love the horseshoe! It kinda makes you look like a colts fan ;) I would freak out about the scorpion?

Kayla said...

Yuck! I would totally freak out about the scorpion too.