Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Last Harry Potter Movie

I've gone with Coley, Christine, and Sami to the midnight showing of the Harry Potter movies since the 4th movie.  It's been so much fun, and every year I've joked that I was going to dress up.  This year I actually did dress up.  I still pretty embarrassed about it, so don't make fun of me!
I was trying to look like Bellatrix.
I french braided my hair in 5 french braids to get it big and frizzy.
It was kind of annoying that Bellatrix didn't have white in her hair in this movie like the pictures on the internet.  Doran was having so much fun dueling with me in his Harry Potter costume.
Christine was going to be the golden snitch.
She got a gold bikini and gold latex body paint.
Sami and I painted her.  It was kind of awkward...

Not long after we got the paint on, it started driving her crazy.  She said it felt like a glove and she couldn't take it.  We peeled it off her, and she was screaming and crying.
Samantha was Lavender.

Nicole, Samantha, and Sarah got Harry Potter snuggies from Hot Topic.  They were really cute.
Jayce was the cutest.  She was Dobby.  Christine made her and Jake house elf costumes.
Harry Potter and Dobby
It's always fun to have Andrew come as comic relief.
This is the wand that I whittled and painted.  I didn't want to pay $25 to get one at Hot Topic.  OK, now I'm really admitting to being a dork.
Jake's mom and sisters came and dressed up.  They were so cute.
I'll have to admit, I loved it when these people asked me to get in their picture.
Coley was the biggest dork of all because she was reading Harry Potter right till we went to the movie.  She rereads all of the book before each movie.

2 comments:

Coley said...

I think you were by far the best dressed there Jen. I wish I could have been as cool as you. I had so much fun when you were in town.

Tom said...

That looks like you guys had a fun time. I liked Jayce's Dobby costume. You have inspired me. I am going to dress up in my tuxedo for the premier of the next James Bond movie. Maybe I can hire some Bond girls to be there so I don't look like a dork.